GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The third-ranked Florida volleyball fell in a tightly-contested five-set match to the No. 1 Wisconsin Badgers on Sunday.
Florida set a brand new program file on Sunday, with 10,323 followers within the stands of the Stephen C. O’Connell Middle. That isn’t solely a O’Dome file, but in addition is the highest-attended match hosted by an SEC college all-time. It is usually the best attendance for an on-campus volleyball match within the state of Florida.
Florida finishes the non-conference schedule with an 8-1 file, whereas Wisconsin strikes to 9-0 on the season.
The Gators received the primary body 25-15, then adopted with a hard-fought 25-22 victory within the second to take the 2-0 lead. Wisconsin answered with a 25-21 win within the third after which a 25-22 victory within the fourth to drive a winner-take-all fifth set. The Badgers received the laborious fought fifth set 15-13 to clinch the match.
Florida’s offensive assault was evenly unfold within the match, with Kennedy Martin posting a team-high 13 kills. She was adopted by AC Fitzpatrick and Nnedi Okammor, who every pitched in 11. That mark was a career-high for Okammor in her senior season.
Sofia Victoria and Anna Dixon registered 9 kills apiece on night time.
After Alexis Stucky went down within the second set because of damage after shelling out 17 assists, Kennedy Muff entered and completed the match with 28 helpers.
Florida tallied eight blocks within the match, led by Nnedi Okammor’s 5. Martin added 4 within the five-setter, whereas Dixon posted three.
Trinity Adams paced the backcourt protection with a career-high 17 digs on the night time, adopted by Elli McKissock’s 16. Martin grabbed her second double-double of the 12 months with 12 digs, whereas Emily Canaan and Muff registered eight and 7, respectively.
McKissock registered a team-high three service aces from behind the road to guide the Gators.
No. 3 Florida (8-1)
No. 1 Wisconsin (9-0)
How It Occurred
- With Florida going through a two-point deficit early, the Gators used 5-0 run behind the serves of Anna Dixon to take the 7-4 lead. The Badgers battled again to tie the body at 10-10, however as soon as once more Florida used a run – this time 4-0 behind Kennedy Martin’s serves – to drag forward 14-10. Wisconsin chipped away to a two-point deficit, but it surely was Florida that took the 15-12 lead into the media timeout. Out of the break, the Gators closed on a 10-3 run to win the primary set in decisive 25-15 style.
- Florida held Wisconsin to a .000 clip within the first set, whereas Martin (4) and Stucky (3) mixed for seven kills.
- The second set was a battle from the beginning, however with Wisconsin main 10-7, the Gators utilized a 5-0 run to drag forward two. Florida continued to carry the sting, however the Badgers responded and pulled forward 15-14 heading into the media timeout. Florida swung the momentum again in its route after the timeout, taking the four-point lead at 23-19. Wisconsin pulled to inside one at 23-22, however the Gators closed out with a 2-0 run to win the body.
- The Gators had been led by 5 Martin kills within the second body, whereas Victoria posted three to present Florida the 2-0 lead.
- The Badgers obtained out to the early 9-3 lead within the third, then continued to carry the Gators at a distance, taking the most important lead at 14-4. Florida reduce that deficit to 5 on the 18-13 mark, however Wisconsin as soon as once more pushed, forcing a timeout by the Gators on the 23-16 mark. Florida used a run of its personal late within the third, pulling to inside three at 24-21 to drive a Badgers’ timeout. Out of the break, Wisconsin was capable of seize the victory with a kill from Anna Smrek to push the match to a fourth set.
- Fitzpatrick posted a team-high 5 kills within the third body.
- Wisconsin took the four-point lead early within the fourth body at 10-6, however Florida reduce the Badgers’ result in simply two on the 13-11 mark. Wisconsin took swung the tempo again its means, to seize the five-point benefit at 16-11. Florida obtained inside two at 17-15, however wouldn’t get nearer the remainder of the body, with the Badgers taking it 25-22.
- Florida was led by Okammor’s 5 kills within the fourth set, adopted by three apiece from Fitzpatrick and Victoria.
- The fifth set was a battle from the beginning, with the groups buying and selling factors, however Florida took the 8-7 lead into the media timeout. After the swap of sides, the Badgers tied all of it up at 8-all, however a 2-0 run put Florida up 10-8 and compelled a timeout by Wisconsin. Out of the break, the Badgers used a 4-0 run to seize the 12-10 lead. The Gators battled again to inside one at 14-13, however Wisconsin held on for the victory.
- Anna Dixon and Kennedy Martin every registered three kills within the tightly-contested fifth set
- Trinity Adams notched a career-high 17 digs within the match
- Nnedi Okammor posted a career-high 11 kills on the night time
- Kennedy Martin posted her second double-double of the season, ending the night time with 13 kills and 12 digs
- Florida set a brand new program file on Sunday, with 10,323 followers within the stands of the Stephen C. O’Connell Middle
- That isn’t solely a O’Dome file, but in addition is the highest-attended match hosted by an SEC college all-time
- Additionally the best attendance for an on-campus volleyball match within the state of Florida
- The Gators at the moment are 6-2 towards the Badgers within the all-time sequence
- UF strikes to 3-2 towards Wisconsin in five-set matches
- Florida is 1-1 towards Wisconsin in Gainesville, Fla.
- The Gators transfer to 3-1 in five-set matches through the 2023 marketing campaign
Ideas from Coach Clever
“To the Gator followers and volleyball followers throughout the Southeast that joined us at this time, thanks. This match was well worth the atmosphere it was given.”
The Gators rounded out their non-conference play towards the Badgers and start Southeastern Convention matches on Thursday with a visit to No. 24 Auburn F
irst serve is slated for 7 p.m. ET on SEC Netw